Welcome to Banda Aceh
Given that Banda Aceh bore the brunt of the 2004 tsunami, with more than 61,000 killed here, and that much of the city had to be rebuilt, it’s little wonder that it looks well maintained and affluent, with broad streets, pavements and parks. The magnificent central mosque – Indonesia’s best – still stands as the city’s crowning glory, along with the poignant Tsunami Museum.
Banda Aceh is still a fiercely religious city and its ornate mosques are at the centre of daily life. Respectfully dressed visitors shouldn’t face any hassles and most travellers find the Acehnese to be friendly and extremely hospitable.
4D3N Discover Banda Aceh
From $125 per pax
- Arrival Banda AcehUpon arrival at the airport
- You will be greeted by our friendly, certified and experienced guide, who will then transfer you to your hotel in Banda Aceh for accommodation.
- Overnight at 2/3 star Hotel
- After breakfast at the hotel, embark on a full day of sightseeing around the city of Aceh, where you will see many points of interest relating to the tsunami of 2004.
- First up will be the Tsunami Museum, which features many engaging and poignant exhibits.
- Next, PLTD Apung is a 12,000-ton merchant vessel that was lifted by the tsunami and carried 5 km inland, where it now remains as a staggering example of nature’s destructive power.
- The market is located close to the Baiturrahman Grand Mosque, which miraculously survived the tsunami and remains both a spiritually important and beautiful building to this day.
- Following a trip to the fascinating Museum Negeri Banda Aceh.
- We’ll finish the tour by journeying to the house of Cut Nyak Dhien – a famous warrior from Aceh’s war for independence;
- And then finally to Lhoknga Beach, where you can enjoy sunset on the pictures que white sands.
- Overnight at Hotel
- Following breakfast at the hotel.
- Visiting Masjid Keuchiek Leumiek, one of the most beautiful Mosque in Banda Aceh
- The nearby Inong Balee Fortress was once home to Keumalahayati, the very first woman admiral in the world. Her troops were made up of women widowed by the Portuguese, tasked with delivering vengeance to the invaders. Remnants of a string of forts can be seen perched on a steep cliff overlooking the bay of Malahayati harbor.
- Thereafter, you will head to Pasar Aceh; a large and sprawling market where you can see the vitality of modern-day Aceh in all its glory.
- After the sun has set, transfer to your hotel for accommodation.
- Overnight at Hotel
- Departure to Airport After breakfast at your Hotel
- Transfer to Sultan Iskandar Muda airport for flights to your onward destination.
- 3 nights accommodation, based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Assistance at the airport
- Bottled drinking water during transfers
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide (additional charge applies for other language speaking guide)
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
- Public Liability Insurance
- 11% local government tax and 10% service charge
What’s not included
- Any domestic or international flights
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any beverages (juice, soft drinks and for any alcoholic beverages are not allowed)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and hotel porterage
- Any applicable High Season and Peak /festive Season surcharge
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activites that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation is based upon availabilities
- Suitable for FITs with minimum of 2 persons or small group
- Private basis only (no seat in coach available)
- Operated daily, with 48 hours advanced reservation required (subject to availability of the hotels/resorts)
- Compulsory New Year’s Eve dinner (price varies depending on hotel policy – to be advised)
Schedule and Pricing
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible
Your currency is set to USD.